Friday, February 8, 2013

We had a model in the studio today and photographed her as a dental hygienist seen from the perspective of the patient.  Later this image was composited with the photo from the blog post of a few days ago.  Because I shot each image specifically to be composited I was able to prepare them in a way that made the job of putting them together easier.  The hygienist, for instance, was photographed back lit by a studio tungsten lamp placed behind her to simulate the same type of lighting from the dental light. Also I photographed her from the same position I was in when I took the background shot, and used a similar lens focal length and depth of field.  As a result of this preparation, the two images blended together naturally, and the whole composite took only 20 minutes to complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment